Friday, November 9, 2012

Photo Essay: Self-Portrait


          In this photo is me. You can see that the quality of this photo is really high, and it's taken by a Nikon. I liked the effect of the shadow versus light in this since it contrasts my skin colors and effect of shadows. This can also be considered a slow shutter speed picture since there wasn't much motion in it and didn't require a fast shutter speed to capture the image. Also, this is a deep depth of field picture, because of the clarity of all of the photo, not just one of the objects. When I tried to take this picture in the light, but when the shutter closed and revealed the picture, the lighting was extremely light and pretty much washed out my face. But when taken in the shade, more of me was visible. What was interesting was that this was taken underneath a tree, while sitting on a table, and the light was peeping through the leaves. The effect was that some light was coming onto my face, while some of the shade remained, have a combination of both in on picture. Another aspect of this photo was the background. There is a big oak tree and makes it look like I have a tree hat, and there is also the Senior Lawn Arc and lunch tables. Although this may be considered a deep depth of field, the background is slightly out of focus since I am in the blatant front. The originality of this photo is emanated through me. This photo exhibits deep depth of field and the effect of shadow.




No comments:

Post a Comment